Classes have officially started! To all those who haven't started school yet and are gloating that it's still summer for you: personally, I'm THRILLED to be back in school. So hah. Well. Conditionally thrilled.
I'm not the biggest fan of the whole “homework” concept, but hey. I suppose I am paying thousands of dollars in tuition to learn. And so, I'm actually planning on putting a decent effort into homework this year! Last year, I skated by with a 3.1, and I'm not planning on doing that again. Other goals for the year:
- Win every tennis match ever. Well, ok, maybe not EVER, but how about a significant percentage? So far I'm undefeated (I've played one match). I've been working harder, and it's looking like I'll be traveling with the team and playing exhibition matches. For those who aren't familiar with Division III women's tennis, that's pretty good. Especially because my team has gone to nationals the past 10 years in a row or so.
- Memorize the lyrics to “Barbra Streisand” by Duck Sauce.
- Learn a couple more songs on bass. Vera (my magnificent instrument) has been gathering dust in the corner for a while now.
- Keep my room clean(er). It's SO CLEAN right now. I promise. You probably don't believe me, but I cleaned it today.
- Join more clubs and student groups. I'm technically on the mailing list for Juggling club. The backstory: when I was outside their booth at the club fair, I casually mentioned that I could juggle. The leader of the group demanded that I prove myself. So I did. He promised to teach me tricks, and I promised that I might consider going to the meetings. We have a strained relationship.
- Do laundry BEFORE I'm on my last pair of clean underwear.
- More. Sunscreen. You would think that 3 layers would be enough, but my shoulders were so painful that I cried a little bit when I tried to take a shower today.
- Eat healthier. Funnily enough, I'm more healthy at school than I am at home. I think that might have something to do with the Culver's butterburgers.
- Floss! All those years I lied to the dentist about flossing, and now I do! Well. Occasionally.
- Apparently drinking water instead of soda is good for you or something. I might try it.
- Learn how to say “no” when people ask if I want to watch “The Room” by Tommy Wiseau.
- Get everyone I know to sign up for this. It's just a really easy way to make a difference, no matter how small.
- Spend a little bit less time on facebook. Just a little bit less. No need to get crazy.
- Get Joan Jett and Florence + the Machine posters. To be honest, I have no idea why I don't already own some.
Ginger's Song of the Week: I have a hunch that this song will someday be featured in a huge box-office movie, probably when the main characters are walking down the street in time to the beat looking all cool and stuff, and it will explode in popularity. Then, when all your friends are listening to the song and saying how freaking awesome it is, you can get (+15) hipster points for knowing it before it was popular.
What are you resolving to do this semester?
Related post: What College is Like, Pre-College