March snuck up on us like nobody's business, and now it's already mostly over. Okay, half over. But still, we can't believe this school year is already getting near the end...and you know what that means? You are almost to graduation! You almost have all the education you need to work at Chipotle for the rest of your life (and we saw a dude there chopping meat while wearing a chain-mail glove the other day, so we're sold). You just need to make it through spring break, prom season, finals, and oh yeah, these other things:
If you're not going to college...
- Do you have a job planned for after high school? If you don't, it's time to really get that search down. For reals.
- Or maybe you're taking a gap year and circling the globe? In which case, go buy yourself a really nice suitcase/backpack. You deserve it.
- Convince people yet again that no, you are not crazy for not going to college. Really, you're not!
If you're going to college...
Right now, it doesn't matter if you're going to a two-year college or a four-year college. You have to do the same things, and they are equally stress-inducing:
- File your FAFSA. If you haven't already done it, most schools have deadlines for this in the middle of March.
- Double-check with financial aid! Did you know that if you get your parents to call the financial aid office billions of times, most schools can dig up random small scholarships for you? It's true. If you're tight for money (or just bored), try it! Also, make sure you've done all the paperwork you need to do.
- Taxes! If you have a job, you might need to do these. And, some schools require records of your parents' taxes. Find out from the financial aid office and make sure you're on top of things.
- Schedule your AP exams. Gonna get those AP credits? Make sure you're signed up to take the spring exams! Also, now is a good time to make sure you're signed up for any other entrance or placement exams you need to take before heading off to college in the fall.
Your senior year is almost over, and we know you're stressed out. But don't forget to do some of those fun things you only get to do in high school!
- Plan a trip with your buddies. Or, if your schedules are too intense, just plan a day of only doing fun things together. And make sure you take pictures.
- Go to prom. Or protest prom loudly! Or schedule a movie night with your pals and completely ignore prom. Whatever.
- Send out graduation announcements! Even if you're only mailing them to your own home, you've got to let someone know you're graduating.
- Start a food fight! Okay, maybe don't do this one. It's not as glamorous as it sounds.
How are you handling your senior year stress?