Test your encyclopedic knowledge of The Hunger Games with our 20-question quiz! (Lucky for you, it's less of a "fight to the death" sort of thing and more of a "what was that character's name again?" sort of doohicker.)
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR
1) Katniss is named after:
a) A plant
b) A bird
c) A constellation
2) Which District do Katniss, Peeta, and Gale live in?
3) The contest known as the Hunger Games commemorates:
a) The armistice between the Capitol and the District
b) The District's victory over the Capitol
c) The Capitol's victory over the Districts
4) Peeta's father is a:
5) Katniss' and Peeta's mentor is:
a) Gale Hawthorne
b) Effie Trinket
c) Haymitch Abernathy
6) Which poisonous berries result in a tribute's death?
7) What is the name of the day when Hunger Games tributes are chosen?
a) Harvesting Day
b) Threshing Day
c) Reaping Day
8) Finnick Odair competes in the 75th Hunger Games. What is his weapon of choice?
a) A trident
b) A scimitar
c) A lasso
9) What is an avox?
a) A servant whose mouth has been glued shut
b) A servant who is forced to wear a bag over his/her head
c) A servant whose tongue has been cut out
10) What is District 13?
a) A District that is reported to be uninhabitable
b) A District outside of the Capitol's control
c) Both a) and b)
11) How does Katniss honor Rue?
a) By hiding her body in a cave
b) By covering her body with flowers
c) By covering her body with a shroud
12) Which three are all muttations?
a) Jabberjays, tracker jackers, and wolf mutts
b) Rose-scented lizard mutts, tracker jackers, and whale sharks
c) Tracker jackers, jabberjays, and chipmutts
13) What is salute of Katniss' District (and a sign of defiance to the cameras)?
a) A song sung by the mockingjays at dawn
b) A lone arrow shot into the air at sundown
c) Three fingers pressed to the lips, then raised in the air
14) Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who plays Katniss, was nominated for an _______ Award for her performance in the movie Winter's Bone.
15) Tributes from wealthier districts who train specifically for the games are known as:
16) The era which predates the Hunger Games during which the Districts rebelled is referred to as:
a) The Dark Days
b) The Dark Ages
c) The Dark Times
17) Following in her mother's footsteps, Prim becomes:
a) A washerwoman
b) A healer
c) A cook
18) The arena of the 75th Hunger Games is set up in an unusual way. What is it?
a) a 365-trap cycle, like a calendar
b) a 12-trap cycle, like a clock
c) a 60-trap cycle, like a second hand
19) Why does President Snow's breath smell of blood?
a) Mouth sores
20) Panem, once known as North America, was named after a famous Roman phrase. What is the English translation of the Roman phrase?
a) Bread and Wine
b) Bread and Circuses
c) Bread and Circles
Answers: 1) a, 2) c, 3) c, 4) b, 5) c, 6) b, 7) c, 8) a, 9) c, 10) c, 11) b, 12) a, 13) c, 14) b, 15) a, 16) a, 17) b, 18) b, 19) a, 20) b
What was your score?