2. What is the significance of the title A Clockwork Orange?
3. Given Alex’s comparison, in the final chapter, of young people to wind-up toys, do you think that Alex considers his life in Part 1 to have truly been free? Do you consider it to have been truly free?
4. Describe the structure of A Clockwork Orange. What significance does that structure have for the novel as a whole?
5. Discuss the role of music in the novel. What relationship does it have to violence? What relationship does it have to the structure of the novel?
6. Based on the young people in the novel, how might you describe Burgess’s attitude toward teenagers?
Take a Study Break!