Study Questions & Essay Topics
1. Discuss the role that grudges and personal rivalries play in the witch trial hysteria.
2. How do the witch trials empower individuals who were previously powerless?
3. How does John Proctor’s great dilemma change during the course of the play?
Suggested Essay Topics
1. Compare the roles that Elizabeth Proctor and Abigail Williams play in The Crucible.
2. What role does sex, and sexual repression, play in The Crucible?
3. Why are Danforth, Hathorne, and the other authorities so resistant to believing the claim that Abigail and the other girls are lying?
4. What kind of government does Salem have? What role does it play in the action?
5. Analyze Reverend Parris. What are his motivations in supporting the witch trials?
6. Discuss the changes that Reverend Hale undergoes in the course of the play.
by misscindyrella, September 30, 2012
It'd be nice if you had more quotes in the quotes tab. I was trying to find an explanation for this quote, but you didn't include that quote. /:
You also forgot the very end part of The Crucible where they where Abigail and Proctor and Parris ended up.
51 out of 85 people found this helpful0
by SincereTootsie, December 13, 2012
This is one of my favorite movies and book
8 out of 61 people found this helpful0