1. What is the relationship between Mrs. Linde’s arrival and Nora’s awakening and transformation?
2. In Act One, Mrs. Linde describes Nora as “a child.” Is this assessment of Nora’s state of development valid?
3. What does Torvald’s fascination with beauty and appearances imply about his personality? Do his attitudes change at all over the course of the play?
4. Compare Nora and Krogstad. Are there any similarities between them, especially as far as their relationship to society is concerned?
5. How do the characters in A Doll’s House use the words “free” and “freedom”? Do different speakers use the terms differently? Do they take on different connotations over the course of the play?