1. Does Peter Keating genuinely love Dominique Francon? Why or why not?
2. What similarities do Keating and Roark share? Why does Rand make them somewhat similar?
3. Why does Gail Wynand take so much comfort in the knowledge that both he and Roark “came from nothing”?
4. Dominique admits that she and Wynand are very similar people. How is this true? How are they different?
5. The Fountainhead was written during the rise of totalitarian states in Europe and Russia. How might the events of this period have affected Rand’s novel?
6. How does The Fountainhead portray women? How do Dominique and Catherine measure up to the male characters?