1. Analyze the character of Jean Louise as a child versus Jean Louise in the present day. How does she seem to stay the same? How does she change?
2. Discuss the role of Finch’s Landing in the novel.
3. Analyze the relationship between Jean Louise and Henry, both in the past and in the present day. What role does the presence or absence of Jem play in their relationship?
4. Discuss changes in the geography of Maycomb, concentrating on Jean Louise’s childhood home.
5. What role does Alexandra play in Jean Louise’s life? Analyze how the relationship between Alexandra and Jean Louise evolves.
6. Is Atticus Finch a racist, or does he have some racist tendencies? Why or why not?
Take a Study Break!