Bible: The New Testament
Study Questions & Essay Topics
1. What are the significant differences between Matthew’s and Luke’s narratives of Jesus’s infancy?
2. How does the historical context of the Book of Revelation affect its content?
3. What is Paul’s relationship to Judaism, and what does he see as the relationship between Judaism and Christianity?
Suggested Essay Topics
1. Choose one New Testament parable that is found in more than one Gospel. Provide an analysis of the similarities and the differences between the versions. What is the significance of this comparison for understanding the distinctive theological perspectives of the Gospels?
2. Describe the similarities and differences among two of the Passion narratives (i.e., the trial and crucifixion). What is significant for the authors of these accounts? What is at stake in answering the question of who killed Jesus?
3. Consider the Book of Revelation. How might one be able to use the book in a contemporary learning context, without using it to claim salvation for the few and destruction for the many? Does it have anything to say to contemporary society?
4. The New Testament contains numerous discussions pertaining to the resurrection of Jesus. Compare and contrast a resurrection account in one of the Gospels to Paul’s understanding of the living Christ in one of his letters.
by godsgirl13, September 11, 2012
This is a great place to start in the bible!
9 out of 19 people found this helpful0