1. What is the English translation of Himmel Street?
2. Where does Liesel’s brother die?
3. Hans befriends Liesel by teaching her to
4. Why does Rudy cover his body with coal?
5. According to Death, the only thing worse than a boy who hates you is
6. At the book burning, when Liesel says she hates Hitler, Hans slaps her. He does this because
7. The first time Max’s friend Walter Kugler visits him when Max is in hiding in Stuttgart, he brings
8. Ilsa Hermann, the mayor’s wife, lost her son. He died
9. Liesel and Max are initially wary of each other. They begin to form a friendship when they start comparing their nightmares. Their nightmares are similar because
10. Max makes Liesel a book called The Standover Man for her tenth birthday. The story is about
11. In order to stay in shape in the basement, Max
12. Liesel continues going to Ilsa Hermann’s house after Ilsa fires Rosa because
13. When Rudy rescues Liesel’s book from the river, he hopes to be rewarded with
14. Despite having no money for food or presents, the Hubermanns have “the greatest Christmas ever.” Why?
15. When Max gets sick, Rosa and Hans are very worried that
16. At the Hitler Youth Carnival, how many medals does Rudy win?
17. After he gives bread to a Jewish prisoner being paraded through town, Hans’s attitude can best be described as
18. According to Death, everyone in Nazi Germany had to take their turn being punished. What was Hans’s punishment?
19. After Hans leaves, Rosa stays up holding his accordion each night because
20. The book Max leaves for Liesel is called The Word Shaker. It is about
21. After Liesel tears up a book in Ilsa Hermann’s library, Ilsa brings Liesel a blank notebook so that
22. When Himmel Street is bombed, Liesel is not killed because
23. Rudy finally gets what he wants from Liesel after the bombing when she gives him
24. When Death comes for Liesel, he gives her a book he rescued from the rubble the night of the bombing. What is it?
25. When Liesel asks Death if he read the book, he tells her he is