Why Wearing Glasses Is Awesome
Black frame glasses. They’re the universal geek symbol, and they’re more popular than ever. From your older brother, to the kid who sits next to you in Biology and even celebrities like Anne Hathaway; everyone seems to be sporting the iconic geek frames. If you’re someone that doesn’t need glasses but loves the look, you can always get frames with non-prescription lenses. (Don’t worry. We won’t tell anyone your eyesight is fine.)
But what’s so great about wearing glasses? Especially these glasses that immediately identify you as a geek or a hipster? Believe it or not, there are lots of reasons why wearing glasses is awesome. Here’s a handy point-by-point guide describing why wearing geek frames rule.
- They look cool. Sure, they’re pretty universal nowadays, but there’s no denying they’re a classic for a reason. Even Samuel L. Jackson has been spotted wearing them. And if they’re cool enough for Sam Jackson, they’re sure as heck cool enough for you.
- They make you look even smarter than you are. Who doesn’t want to look like they know what they’re talking about 100% of the time? Especially when you’re trying to bluff your way through a discussion about The Hunger Games with the cute new sales clerk at your local bookstore.
- You can be mistaken for a member of your favorite indie rock band. You might even get into a show for free! (Unless your favorite band is Weezer. No one is going to believe you’re Rivers Cuomo.)
- You can put them on and take them off without having to poke yourself in the eye half a dozen times. Anyone who’s lived through learning how to use contact lenses can attest to how much that totally sucks. And who wants to actually touch their own eye? Gross!
- Glasses make you more attractive. Ever heard that guys don’t like girls who wear glasses? Totally not true. In fact, some guys prefer girls who wear glasses. (Same thing goes for you glasses-wearing fellas).
- They’re super fashionable. Geek frames have been showing up everywhere from Seventeen to Vogue.
- Wearing glasses can prevent accidents. You can prevent all kinds of bad things from happening by wearing those specs. Like accidentally taking your cat’s worming medication. Or backing your car out over your mom’s briefcase, with her brand-new laptop inside. (This may or may not have actually happened to me. Hi, Mom!)
As you can see, there are lots of great reasons why it’s awesome to wear glasses. They are the perfect blend of nerd and awesome. So next time you’re out and about, don’t be afraid to rock your geek frames with pride.