If you find yourself tongue-tied this Valentine's Day, try whipping out one of these 20 tried-and-true romantic one-liners from movies, literature, and history. Please share your own favorite love quotes in the comments too; we want to know what melts the Mastermind heart!
20. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — When Harry Met Sally.
19. “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.” — Doctor Zhivago.
18. "For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." — Carl Sagan
17. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." — Aristotle
16. “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.” — Anna Karenina
15. "I wish I knew how to quit you." — Brokeback Mountain
14. "Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century." — Mark Twain
13. "Love is too weak a word for what I feel. I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I do, don't you think I do?" — Annie Hall
12. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." — Martin Luther King Jr.
11. "You complete me." — Jerry Maguire (Also: the infamous "You had me at hello.")
10. "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." — Jimi Hendrix
9. "Love thy neighbor — and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier." — Mae West
8. "Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love." — Hamlet
7. “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
6. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." — Charles M. Schulz
5. "If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets me." — Haruki Murakami
4. "We'll always have Paris." — Casablanca
3. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." — Sam Keen
2."You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home." — Serenity
1. "What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary." — It's a Wonderful Life
What's your favorite love quote?