James Franco is fast becoming the Coca Cola of the acting world, because he's everywhere, people love him, and his body is comprised of over 96% water. Aside from his movie roles, recently the actor has directed two full length features, guest starred for a season on General Hospital, published a book of short stories, exhibited an art collection in which he proclaimed himself the "Mayor of Gay Town," directed two REM videos, taught poetry for a semester at NYU, and chances are, he probably fixed your toilet and saved your pet Shih-tzu from a burning building as well. There's no way around it, James Franco makes most overachievers look like homeless derelicts. Thankfully though, not ALL of his recent projects have been a success; so to make you feel better about yourself, we unearthed this list of bona-fide failures that the media has largely ignored.
- On February 14th 2011, Franco brings a veggie lasagna to the annual Golden Globe nominees pot-luck dinner, but Daniel Day Lewis barely eats any of it.
- April 3, 2008, Franco loses millions in a failed attempt to start a banking chain known as "Franco's Bankos".
- On September 2, 2012, driven by the desire to shock his fans, James Franco has a life sized tattoo of his entire face tattooed to his entire face, but sadly, no one ever noticed.
- January 25th, 2010, during a game of Scrabble, Franco misses the opportunity to play the word 'bristle' for 81 points, settling instead on 'riblets' for a measly 76.
- March of 2009, Franco stages a David Blaine like stunt in which he attempts to "be Asian" for three straight weeks, but only succeeds for two.
- In November of 2011, Franco records a pan-flute solo on a Coldplay song, but is later edited off the track.
- On April 3, 2008, Franco swears up and down that he could supposedly "do anything for love," but then realizes moments later that he will in fact, not do "that."
- Failed to convince Seth Rogen to drive him to the DMV this one time.
- Briefly went missing off the set of Spiderman 3 in June of 2006, leaving only a note that read "Sorry guys, I forgot I had a doctor's appointment."
- Attempted "comedy" with Anne Hathaway on February 27, 2011 at the 83rd Academy Awards.
What other things has James Franco done that we should all know about?