The 10 Best Duos in Kids' TV Shows
Kid's shows thrive on duos. Whether it's Zim and GIR from Invader Zim or the Bananas in Pyjamas, we love it when we see best friends working together, falling apart, or anything in between. Here's our favorite duos from kid's TV:
10. Shaggy and Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!): A team that's endured for 40 years and is still iconic has to be on a top 10 list.
9. Tom and Jerry (Tom & Jerry): Their constant striving is one of the most famous metaphors for the inanity of life in life.
8. Bert and Ernie (Sesame Street): Their muppety, bittersweet interactions warm the cockles of every heart.
7. Spongebob and Patrick (Spongebob Squarepants): What can we say about the dumbest, dynamicest duo in all of kid's TV? Spongebob and Patrick are two of the most famous best friends in the world.
6. Lilo and Stitch (Lilo & Stitch): Girl + alien = BFFs forevs. An out-of-this-world combination that makes for an awesome show (and movies).
5. Phineas and Ferb (Phineas and Ferb): Why do we like Phineas and Ferb so much? One of them has only one line a show. But these two brothers have such unlimited imaginations and industrious natures that it's impossible not to love them.
4. Wallace and Gromit (Wallace and Gromit): Forget the British charm. Forget the hilarious gadgets, the references to pop culture and the great characters that populate W&G's world. The thing that makes this series work is man and man's best friend in sync.
3. Tigger and Rabbit (Winnie the Pooh): Yes, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet could have also made this list, but the truly best duo in the Hundred Acre Wood universe are these two. Loosely sprung, thrill-seeking Tigger's antagonizing of high strung, OCD Rabbit never got old.
2. Batman and Robin (Batman: The Animated Series): The original dynamic duo. Besides being the best Batman TV show out there, Batman: The Animated Series showed the Robin-Batman relationship with its tension and ups and downs almost better than the comics.
1. Finn and Jake (Adventure Time with Finn and Jake): We had to give the prize to these two, though. The world of Adventure Time is fantastic, the jokes are hilarious and the nerdiness of the whole thing is delightful, but Jake and Finn's brothership transcends all of that. They're always ready to laugh, forgive each other, and fight on against injustice. They're both well-developed characters in their own right but they'd be nothing without each other. And that's the end.
Do you agree with this list?