You definitely shouldn't click on this post. Unless, of course, you want to see the first clip of Smaug ever released to the public, ever. Yeah... no bigs. We've only all been waiting for this since Mr. Tolkien first put pen to paper and created the beast in 1937. So yeah. We could take this trailer or leave it. Whatevs.
Ehem. Right. Perhaps you should click on this post before your face explodes.
Some thoughts (as if this needed ANY commentary):
- Stunning vistas. Check. Snow covered mountains. Check. Dwarves walking on gigantic stone sculptures of dwarves. Check.
- The barrel scene was instrumental in getting many of us into trouble when visiting water parks in our youths. Just sayin'.
- Whoa. Those elves are like Brazilian tree monkeys!
- Legolas! He's a lot faster than I remember him being in LotR.
- Pipe down guys. Smaug's coming. I promise.
- Glad to see they're getting more elf-eyebrow close ups in this one. That's really what the first Hobbit movie was lacking the most.
- SPIDER! AGH! Sorry... I'm fine.
- Come to think of it, just about everyone is moving a bit faster in this movie. Dang.
- Wait for it guys... wait for it.
- "Was that an earthquake?" Duh, guy. Obvs not. Remember what movie you're in?
We need to go splash some water on ourselves, jump up and down a couple dozen times, and watch the trailer again about fifty bajillion times. Byeeeee!
What are you looking forward to the most in this chapter of The Hobbit trilogy?