We're Bananas for the New Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Trailer!
All terrible, terrible puns aside, this film looks incredible. The original movies provided a great way for us to bond with our grandparents, Rise of the Planet of the Apes reduced us to a shameless soggy mess of tears, and this sequel promises to do the same. (We’re going to go ahead and pretend the Mark Wahlberg reboot never happened, mmmkay?)
Our gut-wrenching reaction to what we’ve just seen begs some important questions:
- Should I Geeky Girl Glam myself into an ape?
- Is it wrong and weird and creepy to have a crush on Caesar?
- If so, can we still geek crush on the mad mass of talent that is Andy Serkis?
- Are we bad humans if we’re kind of rooting for the apes in this war?
- Is it not the very nature of science fiction to make us questions our own humanity?!
The answer to all these is probably an emphatic “YES,” and this film is right on target.
Will you be waiting in line to see this flick dressed in a full bright-eyed Caesar suit? We certainly will. Oh, and bring tissues. Lots and lots of tissues.