Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer, Y'all!
Every since we heard that Michael Bay was rebooting the wildly popular franchise from the 1980s and 1990s, we were a tad skeptical. Were they going to be costumes (like in the original movies) or animated? Would Shredder make an appearance? And, most importantly, would they have their ever-important pizza fixation. Well some of those questions finally have answers with the release of the very first trailer for the upcoming movie. Turtle kicks and ninja sticks!
We have, as expected, some rando-thoughts:
- Why does everyone want to destroy New York City? What about Chicago or Minneapolis? I bet those places feel left out, you know.
- April O'Neil does her reporting from an iPhone?
- Will Arnett and Will Fichtner could have a Gravelly Voice-Off.
- Skidding down a mountain is even better when there's LENS FLARE.
- Are they not going to let Megan Fox talk in this movie?
- Breaking his fall into an armored Jeep with his shell? YES.
- So it will be a little funny? Ish?
While we can't be sure 100% from the trailer how the whole thing will play out, our fears of a goofy pile of terrible have been assuaged. The turtles actually look... real? And it looks like it has the potential to be somewhat if not totally cool.
So, what did you guys think of the trailer? Is it a "must see," or a "we'll see?"