Summary & Analysis
Act I, Scene i
Act II, Scenes i-iii
Act II, Scene iv
Act III, Scenes i and ii
Act IV, Scenes i and ii
Act IV, Scenes iii and iv
Act V, Scenes i and ii
Act V, Scene iii
Full Book Quiz
Act 1, Scene i
Act 2, Scenes i-iii
Act 2, Scene iv
Act 3, Scenes i and ii
Act 4, Scenes i and ii
Act 4, Scenes iii and iv
Act 5, Scenes i and ii
Act 5, Scene iii
How to Write Literary Analysis
Suggested Essay Topics
How to Cite This SparkNote
Table of Contents
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
Full Book Quiz
1. Tamora is the Queen of:
2. Lavinia is compared to each of the following, except:
An exotic bird
A wasp with a sting
A tree with(out) branches
3. Marcus says that the sight of Lavinia will do what to her father?
Break his heart
4. Which of the following statements about Marcus is false:
He is a Roman Tribune of the People.
He is the first to see Lavinia after she is raped.
He is bloodthirsty and violent.
He has twenty-five nephews.
5. Characters in the play die by all the following means except:
6. Titus Andronicus bears the title of:
7. To trick Titus, Tamora disguises herself as:
8. Which injury does Titus inflict upon himself?
He stubs his toe.
He gouges out his eyes.
He chops off his hand.
He pulls out his hair.
9. Lavinia is killed by:
10. Which is the chronologically correct order of deaths?
Lavinia, Tamora, Saturninus, Titus
Saturninus, Tamora, Aaron, Titus
Lavinia, Tamora, Titus, Saturninus
Lucius, Titus, Saturninus, Aaron
11. The infamous line "I have done your mother" is said by:
12. Tamora sends Aemilius to:
Titus Andronicus, to insult him.
Marcus Andronicus, to ask him to speak to Lucius.
Young Lucius, to return the weapons.
Lucius Andronicus, to request a parley.
13. Who is left to be emperor of Rome at the end of the play?
14. To Titus, the judges taking his sons away are worse than:
15. Aaron tells Lucius everything in exchange for a promise to keep whom alive?
16. On the verge of death, Aaron regrets that:
He cannot save his son.
He is not white.
He has committed too many crimes.
He cannot commit ten thousand more crimes.
17. To which myth does Lavinia refer in order to name her plight to her father and uncle?
The myth of Philomela
The myth of Procne
The myth of Persephone
The myth of Phyllis
18. Why does Lucius leave Rome?
He can no longer stand Rome
He must escape his enemies
He has been banished from Rome
Titus will not let him into the house
19. Aaron is a:
20. What does Titus send to the empress's sons as gifts through Young Lucius?
Weapons and a quote from Horace
Lucius's declaration of war
21. What does Titus ask Lavinia to hold between her teeth?
His severed hand
A basin to catch Chiron and Demetrius's blood
His cook's knife
22. Why does Titus laugh?
He is delighted at the thought of revenge.
He has not another tear to shed.
Lavinia looks funny without hands.
He is confused and insane.
23. The following pair are not brothers:
Lucius and young Lucius
Bassianus and Saturninus
Chiron and Demetrius
Quintus and Martius
24. Who is the first person to be slaughtered in the play, and why?
Mutius, for defending Lavinia against Titus
Nurse, for knowing the secret of Aaron's son
Alarbus, as a sacrifice to Titus's dead sons
Lavinia, for outliving her virtue
Context Quick Quiz
From the SparkNotes Blog
9 of the Most Disturbing Short Stories You'll Ever Have to Read for School
8 Weirdly Specific Things That Happen in Every Young Adult Novel
Women in Shakespeare, Ranked by How Likely They'd Be to Murder You
Need Help With Your Summer Reading Assignments? We've Got Expanded Study Guides, New Videos, & The Full Text Of Classic Novels!
Every Book on Your English Syllabus Summed Up in a Quote from