1. What is the name of the process that
allows the Hatchery to produce many clones from a single egg?
2. The term for birth in the Hatchery is
3. How are children in the Nursery conditioned
to dislike books and flowers?
4. What two hypnopaedic lessons are the
children in the Nursery learning during the boys’ tour of the Hatchery?
5. Why does Fanny try to convince Lenina
to be more promiscuous?
6. Why are Bernard Marx and Helmholtz Watson
7. How does the Solidarity Service end?
8. How does Bernard convince Lenina to go
on a date with him?
9. Where is the Savage Reservation located?
10. How does Lenina react to observing the
Savage religious ritual?
11. Which one of the following World State
sayings has to do with soma?
12. What is the purpose of the religious
ritual performed by the Savages?
13. Why was Linda attacked by the other
women of the village in the Reservation?
14. What was the first book that John read
as a child?
15. What is the name of the feely that John
watches on his date with Lenina?
16. After his return from the Reservation
with the Savage, what event leads to Bernard’s fall from social
17. Why is Helmholtz first criticized by
the World State authorities?
18. What is the lesson of the Cyprus experiment
described by Mustapha Mond?
19. What did Mustapha Mond do that almost
got him exiled to an island?
20. Mustapha Mond says that “You can’t have
a lasting civilization without . . .”
21. What does “V.P.S.” stand for?
22. After retreating to the lighthouse,
what does John do that first attracts the reporters?
23. What motivates John’s suicide at the
end of the novel?
24. Mustapha Mond tells John that civilizations
have to choose between God and
25. Of the following, who rejects Lenina's sexual advances?