Baker, James R. William Golding. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1965.
Bloom, Harold, ed. Lord of the Flies: Modern Critical Interpretations. New York: Chelsea House Publishers, 1998.
Golding, William. The Inheritors. New York: Harvest Books, 1988.
———. Pincher Martin. New York: Harvest Books, 2002.
Olsen, Kirstin. Understanding Lord of the Flies: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historical Documents. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, 2000.
Swisher, Clarice, ed. Readings on Lord of the Flies. San Diego, CA: Greenhaven Press, 1997.
Williams, Nigel, adaptor. William Golding’s Lord of the Flies: Acting Edition. London: Faber and Faber, 1996.
1. Where were the boys going in the plane? Describe what happened to it.
2. Describe the island where the boys landed. What created the “Scar” on the island?
3. What does Piggy find? How is it used?
4. Who is chosen to be the chief? Why?
5. How does Jack wish to contribute to the survival of the boys?
237 out of 306 people found this helpful
piggy finds a conch . and they use it to call a meeting .
33 out of 123 people found this helpful
1. the boys were hit by a(n?) (atom?) bomb
2. the "scar" is the crash site made by the plane in the jungle
3. piggy found the conch that is used to summon the boys by ralph. piggy has asthma, so he couldnt use the conch because he would run out of breath
4. ralph is chosen to be chief because he has the conch
5. jack is the leader of the hunters. the hunters are members of the choir and jack is the leader because he is 'chapter chorister and head boy'
119 out of 195 people found this helpful