Important Quotations Explained
1. I also know there are timeless waters, endless seas, and lots of
people in this world whose names don’t matter to anyone but
2. [P]eople are just too hopeful, and sometimes hope is the biggest
weapon of all to use against us. [P]eople will believe anything.
3. It’s so easy to love somebody, I tell you, when there’s nothing
4. These were our bedtime stories. Tales that haunted our parents and
made them laugh at the same time. We never understood them until we were
fully grown and they became our sole inheritance.
5. The women in your family have never lost touch with one another.
Death is a path we take to meet on the other side.
Readers' Notes allow users to add their own analysis and insights to our SparkNotes—and to discuss those ideas with one another. Have a novel take or think we left something out? Add a Readers' Note!