1. Which one of the following is not one of the
six universally recognizable, basic emotions described by Ekman and his
2. Polygraphs detect which of the following?
3. During emotional states, epinephrine and
norepinephrine are released because of activation of which of the following?
4. What are display rules?
5. What is the part of the limbic system
involved in regulating emotion?
6. Keri feels relaxed after an hour spent
caught in traffic because she sees it as an opportunity to listen to some good
music. In the same situation, Jill feels frustrated and anxious because she sees
it as a waste of valuable time. The difference in the way they feel can be
attributed to which of the following?
7. According to the Cannon-Bard theory, what is
the relationship between physiological arousal and the experience of emotion?
8. The statement We are afraid because
we tremble is explained by which theory of emotion?
9. What is the galvanic skin response?
10. Differences among emotions at the
biological level are characterized by which of the following?