1. If Alice lives near a cattle plant, she
probably doesn’t notice the neighborhood smell that visitors to her house
complain about. What idea explains this phenomenon?
2. What is a monocular cue that helps to
determine the distance of a distant object?
3. What is a cue requiring the use of both eyes
that helps to estimate the distance of a nearby object?
4. What does perceptual constancy enable people
5. What does perceptual set do?
6. What does the pitch of a sound depend on?
7. What theory explains how people discriminate
high-pitched sounds with a frequency greater than 5000 Hz?
8. Touch receptors are stimulated by which of
9. The semicircular canals are involved in which of the following?
10. What are feature detectors?