1. True or false: Judicial activists favor an expansive role for the
2. True or false: Presidents spend a great deal of time deciding whom to
nominate to the Supreme Court.
3. A court of appellate jurisdiction can hear which kinds of cases?
4. According to the tradition of senatorial courtesy, a senator of the
president’s party has the power to do what?
5. What happens when the Supreme Court issues a writ of certiorari?
6. Where are the majority of cases heard?
7. What was Franklin Roosevelt attempting to do with court packing?