1. Discuss the role of imagination in the novel. How does it drive plot events, and how do characters’ imaginations evolve throughout the novel?
2. Discuss the various ways loss and separation appear in the novel. How does Anne’s conception of loss change at the end of the novel?
3. How does Anne’s character change, and how does her character change those around her?
4. Why are confessions important in Anne of Green Gables? Compare Anne’s confessions and discuss how each one has a different impact on her.
5. How does Marilla’s character change as a result of Anne’s arrival at Green Gables?
Take a Study Break!