Important Quotations Explained
1. One morning, upon awakening from agitated dreams, Gregor Samsa found
himself, in his bed, transformed into a monstrous vermin.
2. At that time Gregor’s sole desire was to do his utmost to help the
family to forget as soon as possible the catastrophe that had overwhelmed the
business and thrown them all into a state of complete despair.
3. Did he really want the warm room, so cozily appointed with heirlooms,
transformed into a lair, where he might, of course, be able to creep, unimpeded,
in any direction, though forgetting his human past swiftly and
4. “He must go,” cried Gregor’s sister, “that’s the only solution,
Father. You must just try to get rid of the idea that this is Gregor. The fact
that we’ve believed it for so long is the root of all our trouble.”
5. Lapsing into silence and communicating almost unconsciously with
their eyes, they reflected that it was high time they found a decent husband for
her. And it was like a confirmation of their new dreams and good intentions that
at the end of their ride the daughter was the first to get up, stretching her
by mjindra5, July 15, 2012
Under Money Motif:
Borders should be spelled boarders.
9 out of 11 people found this helpful0