1. What does Santiago notice in the sacristy of
the abandoned church that he takes shelter in on the way to the
2. What did Santiago’s parents originally hope
he would be when he grew up?
3. In the recurring dream Santiago has at the
abandoned Church, who encourages him to seek treasure at the
4. What comforts Santiago when he is visiting
the gypsy dream intepreter?
5. What does Melchizedek ask Santiago for in
return for directing him toward his personal legend?
6. Who does Melchizedek point out to Santiago
as someone who did not follow their Personal Legend?
7. What does the book that Santiago buys in
Tarifa describe in its opening pages?
8. As Santiago sets off to Africa, Melchizedek
recalls guiding who else to his personal legend?
9. What distracts Santiago and allows the young
man in Tarifa to steal his money?
10. What kind of vendor does Santiago admire
the morning after he is robbed by the young man in Tarifa?
11. What does Santiago suggest to the crystal
merchant as a strategy to make more money?
12. According to the Englishmen, what is the
name of the discovery that is the result of refining metal until all that is
left is the Soul of the World?
13. What is the product of alchemy that can
turn lead into gold?
14. What is the product of alchemy that can
cure all illnesses?
15. Upon what item is the core secret of
16. What surprises Santiago about the Al-Fayoum
17. Where does Santiago meet
18. What is the portentous omen that Santiago
sees in the Al-Fayoum oasis?
19. How does the tribal chieftain punish the
chief of the invading army?
20. What job does the Al-Fayoum tribal
chieftain offer Santiago to reward him for warning of invading
21. What danger do Santiago and the alchemist
come across in their first foray into the desert?
22. Which part of nature
didn’t Santiago speak to when he was trying to turn himself
into the wind?
23. What do the alchemist and the monk talk
about while the alchemist is transforming the lead?
24. Why does Santiago choose to dig in the dune
by the pyramids?
25. What is the treasure that Santiago finds
under the sycamore tree?