Important Quotations Explained
1. “…whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really
want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe.
It's your mission on earth."
2. “…every blessing ignored becomes a curse. I don't want anything
else in life. But you are forcing me to look at wealth and at horizons that I
have never known. Now that I have seen them, and now that I see how immense my
possibilities are, I'm going to feel worse than I did before you arrived.
Because I know the things I should be able to accomplish, and I don't want to do
3. “We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it’s our life or our
possessions or our property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that
our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same
4. “The alchemists spent years in their laboratories, observing the
fire that purified the metals. They spent so much time close to the fire that
gradually they gave up the vanities of the world. They discovered that the
purification of the metals had led to a purification of
5. “What you still need to know is this: before a dream is realized,
the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does
this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our
dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream.
That’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ‘dies of
thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.’
“Every search begins with beginner’s luck. And every search ends with the victor’s being severely tested.”