1. What is the name of Okonkwo’s motherland?
2. What holy animal does Okonkwo’s clan
suspect the Christians have killed and eaten?
3. What is the name of the first missionary
who comes to Umuofia?
4. How many villages does Umuofia comprise?
5. Whom did Okonkwo beat in his legendary
6. In what country does Things Fall Apart take place?
7. What do the inhabitants of Mbanta believe
is responsible for the white man’s miraculous survival after having
built his church in the Evil Forest?
9. What does Okonkwo constantly wish Ezinma
10. What does a palm tapper tap?
11. For what reason is Okonkwo exiled?
12. What are the outcasts required to do
before they may join the church?
13. What is the name of Okonkwo’s second
14. Where are the Christian women forbidden
to go when the clan hears of the killing of a royal python?
15. What does Okonkwo do even though he
is advised not to?
16. What crop is king for the Igbo?
17. When the Igbo refer to the “iron-horse,”
what do they mean?
18. What is the polite name for leprosy
among the Igbo?
19. When do the clan members share the kola
20. In the allegory of Tortoise, what do
the birds give to Tortoise?
21. What does Enoch do to provoke the rage
of the clan?
22. How does Okonkwo die?
23. Why are the villagers happy when the
24. What does Okonkwo fear most?
25. The title Things Fall Apart is
taken from a poem by