1. Discuss Enobarbus’s relationship with Antony. Is his defection justified?
2. Analyze Antony’s decline. Do his mistakes make him cease to be heroic?
3. Analyze Antony and Cleopatra’s relationship, paying close attention to their trust in one another.
4. Compare and contrast Cleopatra with Caesar, especially in their final confrontation.
5. Shakespearean tragic heroes tend to die cleanly and grandly when they take their own lives. Antony, on the other hand, botches his suicide. Why is this detail significant? What does it suggest about his character or the play?
Take a Study Break!