Table of Contents
The scene treated in this analysis is from Toni Morrison's Beloved. It is situated where Paul D, a former slave is captured and deported together with forty-fife other prisoners and where they successfully manage to escape. All quotations will be from the following scene :
Snakes came down from short-leaf pine and hemlock.
Cypress, yellow poplar, ash and palmetto drooped under five days of rain without wind. By the eighth day the doves were nowhere in sight, by the ninth even the salamanders wer
57 out of 62 people found this helpful
1. What according to you are some of the main themes in the novel?
2. How is the idea of masculinity been portrayed in the novel?
3. What are some of the main literally devices that Morrison has used to make the novel more effective?
4. What according to you has been a point of significance in the novel?
5. In terms of characters, who have you found the most effective?
Please answer these questions and revert.
Power is of two kinds. fear of punishment, and acts of love. How is this expressed within this book? Any help would be appreciated.
Take a Study Break!