Home › SparkNotes › Psychology Study Guides › Language and Cognition › Language and Cognition Quiz
Get this SparkNote to go!
don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
Scroll through the page to review your answers. The correct answer is
Your incorrect answers (if any) are highlighted in
If you'd like to take the test over again, click the reset button at the end of the test.
1. Jen decides to buy a lottery ticket. She
knows her chances of winning are very small, only 1 in 10 million. But if she
wins, she’ll get $10,000 in cash, and knowing that means that she can dream
about going on a luxury cruise. What was her decision probably based on?
2. When coming back from the dry cleaners, Joe
finds he’s locked himself out of his car. He uses a coat hanger to pry the lock
of his car open. He thought of using the coat hanger in this way because he was
not subject to which of the following?
3. A company labels its frozen entrees 75% fat free rather than contains 25% fat so that people will view them more positively. What is this is an example of?
4. When children first start to speak in
sentences, what is usually true of their speech?
5. Which is an observation that supports Noam
Chomsky’s ideas about language acquisition?
6. What is the system of rules that governs how
words can be meaningfully arranged to form phrases and sentences?
7. When Frank follows the step-by-step
instructions for assembling a desk he just bought, which problem-solving
strategy is he using?
8. Janet has used drug A to treat headaches for
a long time. She has found it to be effective and has felt no negative side
effects. When research reports suggest that the drug is ineffective and
dangerous, she ignores it. What is this an example of?
9. Paul decides to buy earthquake insurance for
his house in Wyoming because he remembers the devastation caused to houses by an
earthquake in California in the 1990s. This is an example of a decision-making
bias that results from using which of the following?
10. A twelve-year-old child enjoys using puns.
This enjoyment indicates that she has which of the following?
Liven up your study sesh with one of these playlists!
Enjoy the tunes!
This expertly-crafted playlist is brought to you by
Printable. No ads.
When your books and teachers don't make sense, we do.
©2013 SparkNotes LLC, All Rights Reserved