Read a brief overview of the historical period, or longer summaries of major events.
- Brief Overview
- Historical Background: 900–1900
- Vietnamese Nationalism and the First Indochina War: 1900–1954
- U.S. Involvement and the Cold War Context: 1947–1955
- Diem and the Republic of Vietnam: 1955–1960
- Kennedy and the First U.S. Involvement: 1961–1963
- Johnson and Escalation: 1964–1966
- Quagmire and the Tet Offensive: 1966–1968
- The U.S. Antiwar Movement: 1960–1970
- Nixon and Vietnamization: 1969–1975
- The Aftermath of the War
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?