Read a brief overview of the historical period, or longer summaries of major events.
- Brief Overview
- Post-Roman Europe I: Italy and Southern Gaul From Theodoric to the Lombards (488-600)
- Eastern Rome from Marcian to Justin: Doorstep of Byzantium (450-527)
- From Eastern Roman Revanche to Byzantium under Siege I: Justinian I (527-565)
- From Eastern Roman Revanche to Byzantium under Siege II: Justin II to Heraclius (565-641)
- Islamic Expansion and Political Evolution, 632-1000
- From Roman Gaul to the Merovingian Kingdom of the Franks (450-511)
- Clovis' Sons and Creeping Merovingian Anarchy (511-640)
- Charlemagne and the Carolingian State(s) to 843
- End of the First European Order: Foreign Invasions, Carolingian Obsolescence, and Doorstep of the High Middle Ages (840s-950s)
- Political Arrangements in Europe towards the Second Millennium
- Christianity, 325-650s: Conversion, the Papacy, and Monasticism I
- Christianity, 650s-950s: Conversion, the Papacy, and Monasticism II
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert