Napoleonic Europe (1799-1815)
Napoleonic Europe (1799-1815)
The Consulate (1799-1804)
Coalitions and a Brief Peace (1795-1803)
Third Coalition (1804-1807)
The Continental System (1806-1807)
Spain and Austria Fight Back (1807-1809)
Napoleon's Vast Empire (1809-1811)
German Nationalism and Romanticism Under French Rule
Prussia in the Napoleonic Era
Napoleon's Defeat (1810-1814)
Congress of Vienna and the Hundred Days (1815)
Key Terms and Events
How to Cite This SparkNote
Table of Contents
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
1. What government directly preceded the Consulate in France?
2. The Consulate was:
A front for Napoleonic dictatorship
A group of oligarchic rulers
A corrupt business cartel
A constitutional monarchy with a parliament
3. Which country did NOT join the Third Coalition?
4. Which country did NOT join the First Coalition?
5. Which of the following was a French consul during the consulate?
6. Which of the following ended up briefly ruling the Kingdom of Naples?
7. Which royal family did Napoleon remove from the throne of Spain, replacing them with his brother Joseph?
8. Francis II was Emperor of what?
9. Napoleon's Polish state was called what?
The Cisalpine Republic
The Republic of Poland
The Grand Duchy of Warsaw
10. Which landmark agreement reorganized Europe after the Napoleonic Wars?
The Congress of Venice
The Congress of Ventnor Ave
The Congress of Venetia
The Congress of Vienna
11. Who of the following was a prominent Spanish artist during the Napoleonic era?
12. What style did Jacques-Louis David paint in?
13. What did Napoleon call his grouping of German States?
The Republic of Austerlitz
The Holy Roman Empire
The Confederation of the Rhine
The Grand Duchy of Saxony
14. Which of the following was not a German Romantic thinker?
15. German nationalism was predicated on the existence of what special characteristic unique to each nation (according to Romanticism)?
16. What was Napoleon's legal system called?
17. Who led a slaves' rebellion in Haiti?
18. At which nation's economy was the Continental System aimed?
19. Which Prussian reformer is often credited with "Freeing the Serfs"?
20. Who was Napoleon's Chief of Police?
21. Who was Austria's representative at the Congress of Vienna?
22. Who was France's delegate to the Congress of Vienna?
23. Who was Prussia's delegate to the Congress of Vienna?
24. Who was Britain's delegate to the Congress of Vienna?
25. On what island was Napoleon born?
26. On what island did Napoleon die?
27. Who ruled Prussia during the Napoleonic Era?
Otto von Bismarck
Frederick the Great
Frederick William III
28. Who was Napoleon's second wife?
Catherine the Great
29. What was Napoleon's son known as?
The King of Rome
The Prince of Europe
30. In 1802, what treaty ended formal hostilities between France and Britain for about a year?
31. What agreement did Napoleon sign with the Pope to end the religious schism between France and the Church stemming from the Revolution?
Donation of Constantine
32. At which battle was Napoleon's Navy decimated?
33. This 1813 battle, called the "Battle of Nations", ultimately resulted in Napoleon's exile to Elba:
34. Who led the British force at Waterloo?
35. What was Napoleon's return from Elba to make a last run for power called?
The Empire Strikes Back
The Hundred Days
Return from Elba
36. This guerilla war gave the French forces some of its first defeats, as well as being a costly diversion of Napoleon's resources:
War of 1812
War of Liberation
War of Devolution
37. Who published
Ideas on the Philosophy of the History of Mankind
38. How did Napoleon refer to Britain?
"That nation of shopkeepers"
"That naval hegemony"
"Those fancy-pants industrialists"
"That cartel of merchants"
39. What destroyed the Grand Army?
A Russian-Austrian Alliance
A Russian Winter
40. Which exiled Napoleon to Elba?
41. In which treaty did Austria, Russia, Prussia, and Britain agree to stand together against France if it should become too powerful in the next 20 years?
42. Who was made French king after Napoleon's exile to Elba?
43. Which former Prussian administrator served in Czar Alexander I's court?
44. What proclamation announced the Continental System in 1806?
45. On Christmas Eve, 1800, a bomb almost killed Napoleon. Which group was blamed for the bombing?
46. Which country had the world's dominant navy in 1810?
47. What was the name of the first French-controlled state in Northern Italy that Napoleon created (by the treaty of Campo Formio)?
Kingdom of Naples
Grand Duchy of Italy
48. On December 2, 1805, Napoleon's army defeated the Russians and Austrians at what major battle?
49. Before railroads, what was the most efficient way to move goods internationally in Europe?
By postal service
50. Which of the following issues did the Congress of Vienna address as a side issue?
Maximum working hours
Napoleonic Europe (1799-1815): Popular pages
Take a Study Break
Literary Characters Summed Up in Quotes from
Sep 19, 2019
The 7 Most Messed-Up Short Stories We All Had to Read in School
Oct 10, 2019
Shakespeare Quotes That Would Make Hilarious Titles for Your Memoir
Oct 17, 2019
Campus Life at 100 of the Best Colleges, Summed Up in a Single Sentence
Aug 22, 2019
QUIZ: Is This College Class Real or Fake?
Oct 4, 2019