The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism was written by Max Weber in 1904 and 1905.
Read a brief overview of the work, or chapter by chapter summaries.
- Chapter 1 - Religious Affiliation and Social Stratification
- Chapter 2 - The Spirit of Capitalism
- Chapter 3 - Luther's Conception of the Calling. Task of the Investigation.
- Chapter 4 - The Religious Foundations of Worldly Asceticism (Part 1, Calvinism)
- Chapter 4 - The Religious Foundations of Worldly Asceticism (Part 2, Pietism, Methodism, The Baptist Sects)
- Chapter 5 - Asceticism and the Spirit of Capitalism
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?