It’s the last week of my first year of college. All I have left to do is write four papers and take two exams. I don’t even have the time to complain. I do, however, have time to list what I’m going to dearly miss about school over the summer.
- My friends. I mean, duh.
- Sleeping in till at least 10 every day. Due to an excessive number of jobs (three, ideally), sleeping in will not happen over the summer.
- Ice cream with lunch AND dinner. Not all freshmen gain 15 pounds, even on the ice cream diet.
- Not being judged for listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack on a semi-regular basis.
- Living within a block of all my friends. I mean, I guess this could be an addendum to my first statement, but I don’t care! It deserves its own place. I love it that walking to my friends' dorm for Monday Movie Night takes three minutes.
- Monday Movie Night. It started with Firefly (not a movie, yes, I know), and if all goes well, it will end with Hot Fuzz.
- Facebook-hacking my roommate and liking all of her own statuses and comments.
- Being able to say "In West Philadelphia, born and raised" and having the entire rap finished by someone else, without needing to provide any encouragement. This NEVER happens at home.
- Really. REALLY. Cheap coffee. I’m not saying it’s good, but hey. Sometimes you take what you can get.
- Being in the company of people who all understand, and sometimes empathize with, my late-in-life dinosaur phase.
- The seniors who are graduating. I only knew a couple, but they are all (or mostly. Let's go with mostly) fantastic human beings.
- My friend’s ENORMOUS speaker system. I never thought Ke$ha could sound as good as she does coming out of those subwoofers.
- Late-night conversations about feminism. They’re more fun than they sound—I promise!
- Having a roommate to talk to before bed. She’s also the only one who sympathizes when I complain that our room gets hot at night.
- The squirrels. For a reason that has yet to be determined, the squirrels here are infinitely better than the ones at home.
- The school’s equivalent of the onion.
- My Roman Art and Archaeology prof. She is, undoubtedly, the best teacher I have had in my life, and it’s not looking like I’ll get to take another class with her.
- My friends. Hey, what did you expect me to say?
Ginger’s Song of the Week: While I love the song, her voice, her shoes, and her hair, I think my favorite thing about this video is her dancing. It’s as if James Brown and Michael Jackson had a love child.
What will you miss about school over summer break?
Related post: Can You Make Tonguing Jokes in College Orchestra?