All the Light We Cannot See is Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths cross during World War II. , Read a character analysis of Marie-Laure Leblanc, plot summary, and important quotes.
Read a Plot Overview of the entire book or a chapter by chapter Summary and Analysis.
Summary & Analysis
- Part 0–Part 1: “7 August 1944” through “Light”
- Part 1: “Our Flag Flutters Before Us” through “Exodus”
- Part 2–Part 3: “Saint-Malo” through “Jungmänner”
- Part 3: “Vienna” through “The Arrest of the Locksmith”
- Part 4–Part 5: “The Fort of La Cité” through “Relapse”
- Part 6–Part 8: “Someone in the House” through “Voice”
- Part 9–Part 10: “Edge of the World” through “Light”
- Part 11–Part 13: “Berlin” through “2014”
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert