Giants in the Earth is a novel by O. E. Rölvaag that was first published in 1929.
Read a Plot Overview of the entire book or a chapter by chapter Summary and Analysis.
Summary & Analysis
- Book I, Chapter I—"Toward the Sunset"
- Book I, Chapter II—"Home-Founding"
- Book I, Chapter III—"Rosie!—Rosie!"
- Book I, Chapter IV—"What the Waving Grass Revealed"
- Book I, Chapter V—"Facing the Great Desolation"
- Book I, Chapter VI—"The Heart That Dared Not Let in the Sun"
- Book II, Chapter I—"On the Border of Utter Darkness"
- Book II, Chapter II—"The Power of Evil in High Places"
- Book II, Chapter III—"The Glory of the Lord"
- Book II, Chapter IV—"The Great Plains Drinks the Blood of Christian Men and Is Satisfied"
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Continue your study of Giants in the Earth with these useful links.
- Book 1, Chapter 1-'Toward the Sunset'
- Book 1, Chapter 2-'Home-Founding'
- Book 1, Chapter 3-'Rosie!-Rosie!'
- Book 1, Chapter 4-'What the Waving Grass Revealed'
- Book 1, Chapter 5-'Facing the Great Desolation'
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert