Edgar Allan Poe is an author who was born in 1809 and died in 1849.
Read a Plot Overview of the entire book or a story by story Summary and Analysis.
Summary & Analysis
- “MS. Found in a Bottle” (1833)
- “Ligeia” (1838)
- “The Fall of the House of Usher” (1839)
- “William Wilson” (1839)
- “The Murders in the Rue Morgue” (1841)
- “The Tell-Tale Heart” (1843)
- “The Pit and the Pendulum” (1843)
- “The Black Cat” (1843)
- “The Purloined Letter” (1844)
- “The Masque of the Red Death” (1845)
- “The Cask of Amontillado” (1846)
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Continue your study of Poe’s Short Stories with these useful links.
- Character List
- Analysis of Major Characters
- Themes, Motifs & Symbols
- "MS. Found in a Bottle" (1833)
- "Ligeia" (1838)
- "The Fall of the House of Usher" (1839)
- "William Wilson" (1839)
- "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" (1841)
- "The Tell-Tale Heart" (1843)
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert