The Quiet American is a novel by Graham Greene that was first published in 1955.
Read a Plot Overview of the entire book or a chapter by chapter Summary and Analysis.
Summary & Analysis
- Part One, Chapter 1
- Part One, Chapter 2
- Part One, Chapter 3
- Part One, Chapters 4 + 5
- Part Two, Chapter 1
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Sections I–III
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Section III, continued
- Part Two, Chapter 2, Section IV + Chapter 3, Section I
- Part Two, Chapter 3, Sections II–III
- Part Three, Chapter 1, Sections I–II
- Part Three, Chapter 1, Sections III–V
- Part Three, Chapter 2
- Part Four, Chapter 1 + Chapter 2, Sections I–II
- Part Four, Chapter 2, Section III + Chapter 3
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert