Winesburg, Ohio is a collection of short stories by Sherwood Anderson that was first published in 1919.
Read a Plot Overview of the entire book or a chapter by chapter Summary and Analysis.
Summary & Analysis
- "The Book of the Grotesque," "Hands," "Paper Pills"
- "Mother," "The Philosopher," "Nobody Knows"
- "Godliness," Parts I-II
- "Godliness," Parts III-IV: "Surrender," "Terror;" "A Man of Ideas"
- "Adventure," "Respectability," "The Thinker"
- "Tandy," "The Strength of God," "The Teacher"
- "Loneliness," "An Awakening"
- "Queer," "The Untold Lie," "Drink"
- "Death," "Sophistication," "Departure"
- Analytical Overview
Continue your study of Winesburg, Ohio with these useful links.
- Short Summary
- 'The Book of the Grotesque,' 'Hands,' 'Paper Pills'
- 'Mother,' 'The Philosopher,' 'Nobody Knows'
- 'Godliness,' Parts 1-2
- 'Godliness,' Parts 3-4: 'Surrender,' 'Terror;' 'A Man of Ideas'
- 'Adventure,' 'Respectability,' 'The Thinker'
- 'Tandy,' 'The Strength of God,' 'The Teacher'
- 'Loneliness,' 'An Awakening'
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
Pick 5 Books and We'll Tell You What Netflix Show You Should Binge-Watch This Summer
QUIZ: Can You Identify the Shakespeare Play By Its Most Popular Quote?
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert