The Communist Manifesto was written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels and published in 1848.
Read a brief overview of the work, or chapter by chapter summaries.
- Introduction and Section 1, Bourgeois and Proletarians (Part 1)
- Section 1, Bourgeois and Proletarians (Part 2)
- Section 2, Proletarians and Communists
- Section 3, Socialist and Communist Literature
- Section 4, Position of the Communists in Relation to the Various Existing Opposition Parties
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?