The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere was written by Jürgen Habermas and published in 1962.
Read a brief overview of the work, or chapter by chapter summaries.
- General Summary
- Historical, Philosophical and Biographical Contexts
- Social Structures of the Public Sphere
- The Political Functions of the Public sphere
- Bourgeois Public Sphere: Idea and Ideology
- The Social-Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere
- The Transformation of the Public Sphere's Political Function
- On The Concept of Public Opinion
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?