Read a brief overview of the subject's life, or longer summaries of major events and achievements.
- Brief Overview
- Early Life: 1757–1772
- Education and Early Writings: 1773–1775
- Revolutionary War: 1775–1781
- Law and Politics 1781–1785
- Constitution and Federalism I: 1786–1787
- Constitution and Federalism II: 1787–1788
- Secretary of the Treasury I: 1788–1791
- Secretary of the Treasury II: 1791–1795
- Hamilton and Foreign Policy: 1790–1797
- Hamilton's Final Years and Fatal Duel: 1797–1804
Teachers, check out our ideas for how you can creatively incorporate SparkNotes materials into your classroom instruction.
PurchaseGo to BN.com to get your copy of these helpful resources.
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Marvel Movie Summed Up in a Single Sentence
Macbeth As Told in a Series of Texts
QUIZ: Is This a Great Gatsby Quote or a Lorde Lyric?
QUIZ: Which Coming-of-Age Trope Will You Experience This Summer?
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert