Read a brief overview of the subject's life, or longer summaries of major events and achievements.
- Brief Overview
- Family and Childhood (1853–1871)
- The Art Business (1872–1876)
- Vincent and Religion (1877–1880)
- Early Artistic Career (1880–1882)
- "The Land of Pictures" (1882–1886)
- The Paris Period (March 1886-February 1888)
- The Arles Period (February 1888-April 1889)
- St. Remy (May 1889–May 1890)
- "La tristesse..." (May 1890–July 1890)
- Epilogue: Van Gogh's Legacy
Take a Study Break
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Every Book on Your English Syllabus, Summed Up in Marvel Quotes
A Roundup of the Funniest Great Gatsby Memes You'll Ever See
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary Jeopardy! Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
7 "Crazy" Women in Literature Who Were Actually Being Totally Reasonable
Honest Names for All the Books on Your English Syllabus
QUIZ: Are You a Hero, a Villain, or an Anti-Hero?