1. To what extent was the French nobility responsible for the crisis that destroyed the ancien régime?
2. What role did women play in the Revolution? Were they simply a reactionary force—as when bread shortages prompted a march on Versailles—or an active part of the revolutionary public?
3. To what extent did the Thermidorian Reaction owe its success to the excesses of Maximilien Robespierre?
4. Make an argument as to which governmental arrangement—monarchial rule, the National Assembly’s constitutional monarchy, the National Convention’s republic, or the Directory—was best suited to revolutionary France.
5. What problems in France and beyond contributed to the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte?