The Archaeology of Knowledge was written by Michael Foucault and published in 1969.
Read a brief overview of the work, or chapter by chapter summaries.
- General Summary
- Part I: Introduction
- Part II: The Discursive Regularities Chapter 1: The Unities of Discourse
- Part II, Chapter 2: Discursive Formations
- Part II, Chapter 3: The Formation of Objects
- Part II, Chapters 4 and five: The Formation of Enunciative Modalities; and The Formation of Concepts.
- Part II, Chapters 6 and 7: The Formation of Strategies; and Remarks and Consequences.
- Part III: The Statement and the Archive Chapter 1: Defining the Statement
- Part III, Chapter 2: The Enunciative Function. First half.
- Part III, Chapter 2: The Enunciative Function. Second half.
- Part III, Chapter 3: The Description of Statements.
- Part III, Chapters 4 and 5
- Part IV: Archeological Description, Chapters 1 and 2
- Part IV, Chapters 3, 4, and 5
- Part IV, Chapter 6: Science and Knowledge
Find the quotes you need to support your essay, or refresh your memory of the book by reading these key quotes.