The Young Revolutionary
The Emergence of the Bolsheviks
The 1905 Revolution and its Aftermath
From March to October
Consolidation and the Last Years
Key Terms and Events
How to Cite This SparkNote
Table of Contents
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
1. Where was Lenin born?
2. What was Lenin's father's profession?
Inspector of schools
3. What was Lenin's older brother's name?
4. Whom was Lenin's brother accused of trying to assassinate?
5. Lenin received a degree from St. Petersburg in what field?
6. What was the name of the first Russian Marxist party?
The Russian Social Democratic Labour Party
The Communist Party
The Russian Social Marxist Party
The National Socialist Party
7. What was Lenin's wife named?
8. Where were Lenin and his wife married?
9. What was the name of the paper that Lenin worked on from 1900-1903?
10. What is the English translation of this paper's name?
11. In 1903, the Russian Marxists split into two factions. What were the names of these?
Bolsheviks and Social Democrats
Bolsheviks and Mensheviks
Bolsheviks and Socialists
Mensheviks and Leninists
12. What group did Lenin lead?
13. What was the name of the opposing party's leader?
14. With what country did Russia go to war in 1904?
15. In order to end the 1905 Revolution, Nicholas II was forced to do what?
Allow for the formation of an elected "Duma"
Share power with the Bolsheviks
16. Where did Lenin live primarily in the years before World War I?
17. The school that Lenin opened outside Paris was run with the help of whom?
Krupskaya and Martov
Stalin and Trotsky
Krupskaya and Inessa Armand
Trotsky and Inessa Armand
18. Where was Lenin living when World War I broke out?
19. When did World War I begin?
20. Who was Russia's chief antagonist in the war?
21. When did the Nicholas II abdicate and the Russian Revolution begin?
22. What institution replaced the Tsar's administration?
The Constituent Assembly
The Provisional Government
The Moscow Soviet
23. Who was the leader of the Provisional Government in autumn of 1917?
24. Who sent Lenin back to Russia from Switzerland in a sealed train?
25. When did the Bolsheviks seize power?
26. What action by the Bolsheviks ended the war with Germany?
Their victory in the battle of Tannenberg
Their defeat in the battle of Stalingrad
Their signing the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk
27. What was the Bolshevik stance toward the Constituent Assembly?
They recognized it but did not actively aid it in its activities
They objected to it and broke it up
They recognized it and supported it, only to undermine it from within
They lobbied for the Russian people to vote for its demise
28. In the ensuing civil war, the opposition to the Bolsheviks were known as what?
29. Who supported the Bolsheviks' opposition in the civil war?
Britain, France, and the United States
Germany and Austria
30. What was the fate of Nicholas II and his family?
They became Marxists
They fled to Germany
They were all shot by the Bolsheviks
They fled to Britain
31. Who organized the Red Army?
32. Who were the "kulaks" in Lenin's rhetoric?
33. Lenin's campaign against the peasantry was called what?
The Great Terror
The Red Terror
The Great Leap Forward
The New Economic Plan (N.E.P.)
34. What was the name of the woman who nearly assassinated Lenin in 1918?
35. In what year did World War I end?
36. Who invaded Russia in May 1920?
37. How many deaths (approximately) did the famine of 1921 cause in Russia?
38. What did the White forces in Russia do in winter of 1920?
They launched a last-ditch assault on Moscow
They suffered a defeat and were evacuated across the Black Sea
They swore allegiance to the Bolsheviks
They retreated into Germany
39. What did Lenin do in response to the Kronstadt Mutiny?
He ordered the beginning of the Red Terror
He initiated the Five Year Plan
He ordered Stalin arrested
He put the New Economic Policy into effect
40. In what year did Inessa Armand die?
41. What did the Bolsheviks rename themselves in 1922?
The Social Democrats
The Communist Party
The Socialist Party
42. What was the name of Bolshevik-ruled Russia?
The Russian Federation
The Russian Republic
The Soviet Union
The United States of Russia
43. The inner circle of Bolsheviks was known as what?
The Communist Committee
44. When did Lenin suffer his first stroke?
45. As Lenin neared death, a rivalry developed between which two people?
Stalin and Trotsky
Stalin and Kamenev
Trotsky and Bukharin
Stalin and Krupskaya
46. In his Testament, Lenin warned against the increasing power of which person?
47. When did Lenin die?
48. Who gradually took over control of the Soviet Union after Lenin died?
49. After his death, what happened to Lenin's body?
It was embalmed and placed in the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg
It was buried in his birthplace, Simbirsk
It was embalmed and placed in a mausoleum in Moscow's Red Square
It was cremated, and his ashes scattered
Take a Study Break
Snapchats from Greek Mythology
Dec 9, 2019
6 of the Worst Books Ever Written
Dec 12, 2019
5 Iconic Fictional Romances (That Definitely Wouldn't Last)
Dec 11, 2019
8 Weirdly Specific Things That Happen in Every Dystopian Novel
Dec 3, 2019
Romeo and Juliet
As Told in a Series of Texts
Nov 22, 2019