Please enter valid Email
Please enter Password
Don't have an account?
Created with Sketch.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Summary & Analysis
Act I: Part one
Act I: Part two
Act I: Part three
Act II: Part one
Act II: Part Two
Act II: Part three
Act II: Part four
Act III: Part one
Act IV: Part two
Important Quotations Explained
Full Book Quiz
Analysis of Major Characters
Themes, Motifs, and Symbols
Act 1: Part one
Act 1: Part two
Act 1: Part three
Act 2: Part one
Act 2: Part Two
Act 2: Part three
Act 2: Part four
Act 3: Part one
Act 4: Part two
Suggestions for Further Reading
How to Write Literary Analysis
Suggested Essay Topics
How to Cite This SparkNote
, which you don't seem to have. Please try a different browser.
1. What is Gooper's occupation?
He is a planter
He is a defense attorney
He is a corporate lawyer
He is a sports annoucer
2. What is the name of Skipper and Brick's pro football team?
The Dixie Chicks
The Dixie Stars
The Dixie Stripes
The Dixie Cups
3. What happened to Big Daddy in Morocco?
He was propositioned by a rent-boy
He was fed to a man-eating plant
He was eaten alive by a mob of street children
He was propositioned by a child prostitute
4. What body part do Mae's children apparently lack?
5. What did Maggie buy Big Daddy for his birthday?
6. Who is described as a cat at some point in the play?
All of the above
7. Daddy believes that he suffers from which of the following?
A ruptured spleen
A spastic colon
8. What is the ostensible object of Brick's disgust?
9. Where did Maggie and Brick go to school?
10. How old is Big Daddy?
11. Who was a cotton carnival queen?
12. What do the children sing to Big Daddy?
My Heart Belongs to Daddy
For He's a Jolly Good Fellow
Yesterday Once More
13. What is Big Daddy's trademark word?
14. What is Big Mama's name?
15. What were the names of the plantation's previous owners?
Straw and Othello
Straw and Ochello
Ochello and Sawyer
Othello and Sawyer
16. How many official versions of
are in circulation?
17. Who directed the premiere of
18. When did Brick start drinking?
When Skipper died
When Maggie slept with Skipper
When he injured his back
When Big Daddy got sick
19. Who confronted Skipper on his love for Brick?
20. Who revealed this love to Brick?
21. How does Maggie get Brick to sleep with her?
Big Mama convinces Brick to impregnate her
Big Daddy commands Brick to do so
She locks up his liquor
She tricks him into thinking she is Skipper
22. Who tells Big Daddy that he is dying?
23. Who does Big Mama jostle in her lap?
24. Who keeps calling from Memphis?
25. Who sleeps next to Maggie and Brick's room?
Big Daddy and Big Mama
Mae and Gooper
Mae and Gooper's children
Context Quick Quiz
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof: Popular pages
Maggie: Character Analysis
Important Quotations Explained
Take a Study Break
QUIZ: How Many of These Literary
Questions Can You Answer Correctly?
Jan 14, 2020
5 Books Whose Original Titles Would Have Changed Life as We Know It
Jan 17, 2020
Greek Mythology as Told in a Series of Texts
Jan 16, 2020
Pick 10 Books and We'll Guess Whether You're an Introvert or an Extrovert
Jan 7, 2020
Every Shakespeare Play Summed Up in a Quote from The Office
Dec 27, 2019